Break On Through To The Other Side With Linkedin
There are two camps of business people represented on Linkedin.
Camp 1: Those who have mastered how to leverage the Linkedin network to achieve profitable business growth. (A very, very low percentage.)
Camp 2: Those who have not. (An extremely high percentage.)
By ‘break on through to the other side with Linkedin’ I am referring to transitioning from Camp 2 to Camp 1. Why? Because by joining the less densely populated Camp 1 of savvy business owners, you will be joining smart business owners who are reaping the rewards of long term sustainable business growth from financially leveraging Linkedin.
2012 presented me with three significant ‘Epiphany’ experiences
Online business networking & social media marketing really works once you take the time to learn the ‘know how.’
Once I had truly mastered Linkedin enough to help my clients leverage it for maximum business growth, I also personally saw a 90% increase in all of my new business referrals and opportunities coming from Linkedin during 2012.
I quickly realised that opportunities increase and multiply as they are seized on Linkedin.
Why build a business network?
Because quite simply more business connections equals more business opportunities.
Also for the following reasons…
- Profitable business growth.
- Cost attractive & cost effective marketing. (VIDEO)
- Business expansion.
- Strategic business alliances
- Brand awareness and strengthening.
Most of the prospective business networking & social media prospective clients I consult with are online social media marketing sceptics. And I regularly listen to the same sceptical opening question from them which is…
“Linkedin might work for you and some others but I’m convinced Linkedin won’t work for me because, my business is to small, too large, too niche, I sell professional services” and/or any one of hundreds of other sceptical reasons.
Whilst I am the first to admit that Linkedin might not be for everyone, it certainly is the largest and most powerful online business network in the world with over 187 million business members.
And if you are looking for business growth and increased sales, then Linkedin is without doubt the ‘go to’ business network because it offers every business owner everything required to grow any type of business.
When does your network become valuable?
When you factor in for the following two networking associated laws…
Metcalf’s Law: which states, ‘the value of a communications network grows as the number of users grows.’
Reeds Law: which states, every new person in a network doubles its value. Following this reasoning; by adding 10 new people to your contact base increases the value of the network a thousand fold.
Growing your business network
When looking to Linkedin for how to grow your business, or how to increase sales of your products or services, it’s wise to understand the following…
‘The real value of any business network lies not just in the attributes of your connections, but more in their direct relationship with their personal network of business connections.’
A direct word of mouth recommendation, referral or endorsement from one, or more of your best known business contacts to their extended network of business connections is 22 carat gold ‘FREE’ marketing.
When one considers that every Linkedin business connection has access to not just their own 1st level direct connections, but also to their 2nd and 3rd level business connections then the scope for growing your business is phenomenal.
Given that at the time of writing December 22nd 2012 Linkedin has registered over 550 million endorsements for members in its network, then when used ethically and professionally the endorsement facility is a very powerful free marketing strategy.
Global laws of professional business networking
- Build, strengthen & maintain your professional brand
- Take control over your professional identity Online brand identity – Search engines, social networks, professional networks
- Enhancing your search engine results will strengthen and promote your business brand
- Before most people can even think about switching to Camp 1 they should ask themselves the following 10 questions, because like the lottery, to be a winner in Camp 1 you have to be in Camp 1.
There’s no right or wrong answers, in fact there’s no answers at all. It’s just a process to get you thinking about whether you are doing enough on Linkedin to enable you to switch from Camp 2 to Camp 1.
Just answer honestly
1. How often do you use Linkedin per week? 1 hour. 4 hours. 6 hours. 8+ hours.
2. What type of networker are you? Proactive. Reactive. Indifferent. Sceptic.
3. How many 1st Level connections do you have? 130. 500. 15,000. 30,000.
4. How many groups are you a member of? 5. 15. 25. 50.
5. How many recommendations do you have? 25. 50. 100. 250+
6. How many endorsements do you have? 100. 500. 750. 1,000+
7. How many business leads have you generated in the last week? 0. 5. 10. 20+.
8. In the last month have you generated revenue from Linkedin? Yes. No.
9. Have you ever generated any revenue from Linkedin? Yes. No.
10. Have you ever received any Linkedin training or consultancy. Yes. No.
Only you will know from your answers whether you are ready to step up to the plate and start leveraging Linkedin for profitable business growth.
If you are, then welcome to Camp 1, the fire is lit and we are good to go.
Dr. Mark D. Yates
Dr. Mark D. Yates is a global #1 LinkedIn consultancy business growth specialist, LinkedIn speaker, LinkedIn Sign & LinkedIn training instructor & CEO of Link Business Marketing Ltd. If you need to hire a LinkedIn expert to help you gain profitable business growth, contact him. Tel: UK 0203 390 2013 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, connect with him on LinkedIn & Twitter You can view & download his dynamic independent LinkedIn training program at: linkedinswat.co.uk.
Business growth is just what it sounds like. When a business gains a certain amount of success, it will subsequently... more